Monday, November 14, 2011

What this blog is...and is not

This is intended to be a blog for my adventures.  Since this will only be updated during or around my adventures, there will likely be times that this won't be updated for extended periods.  But, it will be a way to capture things that happen during adventures.
I don't like to use the word vacation.  Vacation conjures up images of laying on a beach doing next to nothing or sitting for hours in an airport, waiting for things to start.  While adventures may occasionally have these occurrences, they will hopefully be rare.  Laying on the beach may be OK for a short period, but anything longer than that would be akin to torture.  I'd rather be doing things.  Going somewhere with the journey as important, or more important, than the destination.  Leo Tolstoy said that there are really only two stories, A Stranger comes in to Town and A Man goes on a Journey.  This will be the latter, although at times, the journey may be short (as in the first real post).
Vacation should be a time of recreation.  The word "recreation" gets its origin presumably from the verb to recreate, begin anew.  Hopefully my adventures are a way to recreate myself, relaxing can be done anytime.  To date, my adventures have successfully recreated on occasion.  And, while all have been memorable, memories have and will fade.  So I put keys to screen and pen to paper to help remember these.  Since everything can come to an end, be lost, the adventures can also be kept in hard copy form.  Both serve a purpose, although what this is or could be, I won't know until it is over.
So, let the adventure begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment