Sunday, July 22, 2012

Michigan Ferry Wisconsin Day 3

Got up very early, and an hour earlier from my circadian Ohio clock.  Checked radar and maps for the best way to home after getting ready for a bit.  Radar indicated quite a bit of rain in most of central Wisconsin.
Maria and Nicole got up a few hours later.  We talked a bit more while Nicole made her excellent breakfast hash.  Breakfast was great and it was time to hit the road.  Decided to not ride through Chicago.  The Sunday traffic would probably not be that bad, but construction is always a threat and I was getting a later start on the road than I had thought.  So decided to take I-39 down to Bloomington and then head through Indianapolis to home.  It adds around 25 miles this way, but I doubt if it is much slower on average.

Weather was perfect as I left.  Overcast and upper 70s is wonderful motorcycle weather (nearly as good as upper 60s and sunny).  Once into Illinois however, the temperatures started to rise quickly.  There was hazy sunshine for the rest of the day with temperatures in the lower to mid 90s.  The hot temperatures and humidity can make fatigue an issue.  Other than the hot temperatures, it was a very uneventful, but long, ride home.
Got home later than usual due to the late start.  But, there was still time to sit for a bit and get ready for the early work day on Monday.
I'm not sure if the reason for the trip was to see Paul, take the ferry, or see Maria and Nicole.
I guess it doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment