Tuesday, January 20, 2015

2015 Hog Hunt Day 2

I was up before everyone else and poked around online until other life started stirring.
The day started cold, but warmed quickly with a nearly cloudless sky.  After morning coffee, I took a quick walk down to the river.  I don't have dogs to walk here, but at least I can stay somewhat active.

After lollygagging around for a while, Rick, Joe and I went out to feed stands.  Many of the stands looked good.  It will be interesting to see how the hunting goes without hunting at the plantation this year.
After feeding stands, we went back to the lodge to get ready for the afternoon.  I was hunting at a new farm near Johnsonville, with Rob hunting nearby on the same property with Cody and Will.
I was sitting in a ground blind about 50 yards from the corn pile.  There was quite a swamp right to my right through the thick brush.  The ground blind was better than some I've sat in as it was tucked in tight to the brush with a nice window to shoot through.
The evening progressed slowly without seeing anything.  It started out warm, but as the sun sunk it got colder quickly with very little humidity in the air.  It was odd to get updates from home by email as I was in the blind.  I felt a little guilty for being down here.

I unloaded the gun at dark and met back at the rendevous point.  Rob, Cody and Will had seen a bobcat.  Jessie had seen deer, and Joe hadn't seen anything.

We had dinner back at the lodge before turning in after the first night of the 2015 hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment