Sunday, September 26, 2021

Chrisapalooza Day 3 - Home

Mark's House to Home:  About 310 miles.

It seemed like I slept really well, but I woke up and felt absolutely exhausted.  I tried to get back to sleep, but could only fitfully rest until I gave up and got up.  Mark was already up so we solved a few of the world's problems before daylight called and told me it was time to go.
The morning air was cool enough that I debated wearing my sweatshirt underneath my motorcycle jacket.  But I knew the dry air was going to warm quickly with a bright sun and only a few clouds.  I was on the road by a few minutes after 8:00.  As expected, the construction was easy to get through with the non-existent Sunday morning traffic.  Even the construction in and around Charlotte was tolerable.  Early mornings on the road are simply the best.  I continued South, crossing into Indiana.  I'm not sure what was in the water, but even the trucks and the vehicles pulling campers were (mostly) hoofing it.
South for Fort Wayne I was glad to be off the interstate.  I took US-127 since US-27 had so much construction.  I wasn't expecting it to be much better.  But for all the construction in Indiana on Friday, Ohio had very little.  I'll take it!
I really pushed the fuel gauge on the bike, but chickened out near I-70 and got gas.  From there it was a quick jaunt home.  I got home in time to take a dog for a walk and armor up my psyche for another hateful week at work.

After bear hunting, I said that if I could squeeze in one more mini-adventure this summer, it would be a very good year.  Chrisapalooza definitely counts.  It was great to get to spend some time with Mark and see Chris.  I'm glad I can keep in touch with them.  Quite simply, it has been a very good year.  I still have a few days of vacation I have to use, but I doubt they will be used for travel.  With fall chores coming up and deer hunting several weeks away, I still have much to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment